Health and Wellbeing
Health and wellbeing teaches your child about:
- mental, emotional, social and physical wellbeing
- planning for choices and changes
- physical education, activity and sport
- food and health
- substance misuse and relationships
- sexual health and relationships.
The purpose of health and wellbeing is to help every child and young person to feel cared for and valued as an individual. Learning about health and wellbeing will help them cope with uncertainties in life, have confidence to try new and different things and make the most of opportunities that come along.
At St Andrews to meet our Health and Wellbeing outcomes we use a whole school approach that runs from P1 through to P7. To ensure we have a clear skills progression we use a resource called Jigsaw. To find out more about the programme please follow the links below.